Preferred Membership

New Service Announcement:  PREFERRED MEMBERSHIP!!

  • $35/mo for individuals and $75/mo for businesses
  • FREE inclusion on all services mentioned in our Access Membership
  • Resolution Protection Services (normally start at $420/yr)
  • Audit Representation Services (normally start at $2500)
  • Preparation of Proforma Tax Return per quarter (normally $700/yr)

See something you like?  Have a question or concern?  Call us at (888)266-0962 to discuss right now.

Access Membership

New Service Announcement:  ACCESS MEMBERSHIP!!

  • $15/mo for individuals or $45/mo for businesses
  • FREE 1 on 1 financial intake survey (usually $98)
  • FREE current year tax return (1 year commitment needed, usually costs $200 or more)
  • FREE tax return deduction and analysis report (usually $198)
  • FREE 15 minute monthly meeting with any of our professionals to discuss any topic you like (normally $599/yr)

See something you like?  Have a question or concern?  Call us at (888)266-0962 to discuss right now.

Quarterly Returns Due…

Just a quick reminder to our business clients… the 3rd quarter tax return is due at the end of the month.  If you need help making any last minute adjustments, just let us know.

For our self-employed clients… estimated tax payments were due last week so be sure those were made to avoid any penalties or fees from the IRS.

New Membership Options

Dickmann Tax Group is excited to announce new membership options coming soon.  We’re going to be offering these memberships as a way to expand our services to include many of the things you’ve requested from us.  A few things to expect as part of membership will be: free tax returns, private 1 on 1 time set aside to discuss any tax topic you like, discounts on future books and course offerings, ability to cancel at any time, and much more.

We’re really excited about what’s coming next and can’t wait to share it with you!

Identity Theft

Six Things to Know about Identity Theft and Your Taxes

Learning you are a victim of identity theft can be a stressful event.  Identity theft is also a challenge to businesses, organizations and government agencies, including the IRS.  Tax-related identity theft occurs when someone uses your stolen Social Security number to file a tax return claiming a fraudulent refund.  Many times, you may not be aware that someone has stolen your identity. The IRS may be the first to let you know you’re a victim of ID theft after you try to file your taxes.  The IRS combats tax-related identity theft with a strategy of prevention, detection and victim assistance. The IRS is making progress against this crime and it remains one of the agency’s highest priorities.

Here are six things to know about ID Theft:

1. Protect your Records.  Do not carry your Social Security card or other documents with your SSN on them. Only provide your SSN if it’s necessary and you know the person requesting it.   Routinely change passwords for Internet accounts.

2. Don’t Fall for Scams.  The IRS will not call you to demand immediate payment, nor will it call about taxes owed without first mailing you a bill.

3. Report ID Theft to Law Enforcement.  If your SSN was compromised and you think you may be the victim of tax-related ID theft, file a police report.  You can also file a report with the Federal Trade Commission using the FTC Complaint Assistant.  It’s also important to contact one of the three credit bureaus so they can place a freeze on your account.

4. Understand IRS Notices.  Once the IRS verifies a taxpayer’s identity, the agency will mail a particular letter to the taxpayer. The notice says that the IRS is monitoring the taxpayer’s account. Some notices may contain a unique Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) for tax filing purposes.

5. Report Suspicious Activity.  If you suspect or know of an individual or business that is committing tax fraud, contact the IRS immediately.

6. Combating ID Theft.  Over the past few years, nearly 2,000 people were convicted in connection with refund fraud related to identity theft. The average prison sentence for identity theft-related tax refund fraud grew to 43 months in 2014 from 38 months in 2013, with the longest sentence being 27 years.   During 2014, the IRS stopped more than $15 billion of fraudulent refunds, including those related to identity theft.  Additionally, as the IRS improves its processing filters, the agency has also been able to halt more suspicious returns before they are processed. So far this year, new fraud filters stopped about 3 million suspicious returns for review, an increase of more than 700,000 from the year before.